An Abbotsford man suffered non-life-threatening injuries after he threw gasoline into a burn barrel on his property.
The incident took place at about 9 p.m. Sunday on Peardonville Road near Abbotsford Airport.
The man had started a fire in the burn barrel and then added gasoline from a jerry can he had retrieved from his boat. The burst of flame burned his arm and legs.
He then carried the jerry can, as it was on fire, across the property, burning the grass along the way.
Abbotsford Police arrived first on scene and were able to put out the fires before they got out of control.
Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service and ambulance crews also arrived on scene, and the man was transported to hospital.