From the season-opening farmers’ market May 1 to picnic-perfect parks begging to be explored, let’s salute the season – with safety protocols in mind. Need a few ideas? Here are some of our favourite ways to celebrate spring in Abbotsford!
- Feathers – Located along the BC Bird Trail, Abbotsford and it’s neighbouring Fraser Valley communities routinely welcome more than 200 distinct species to the region every year. This time of year, the spring migration brings an ever-changing list of feathered guests, sharing their songs from the forest canopy to the river’s edge. Of course, there are plenty of year-round residents to appreciate as well, including herons, eagles, owls and other feathered favourites.
- Flowers – From feathers to flowers, tiptoe through the tulips at Abbotsford’s Lakeland Flowers, hosting its first Tulip U-Pick, running to at least Mother’s Day. Simply pre-purchase your tickets before visiting, then after getting your ticket scanned, wander amid the 5 million brilliantly coloured tulips growing in the 35-acre field!
- Fresh fruits, veggies & more – The Abbotsford Farm and Country Market opens for the season May 1 in downtown Abbotsford, full of fresh flavours from local growers and producers. Can’t wait? Visit your favourite farm market store, then head to one of Abbotsford’s picture-perfect picnic spots.
- Fave flavours – While indoor dining is still a no-go, Abbotsford’s patios are open for business, or opt for take-out and head out to your favourite park or trail. For more adventures on the Fraser Valley flavour trail, enjoy a self-guided tour of Abbotsford’s wineries and breweries, open for tastings with public health protocols in place. The community is fortunate to count so many delicious food options among its businesses and there’s been no better time to support local!
- Fun in the sun – Featuring everything from rugged mountain bike trails to scenic hikes, rushing waterfalls to peaceful lakeside strolls, Abbotsford boasts more than 2,500 acres of green space across 157 parks. From family-friendly fun at Mill Lake Park, to day-long adventures on Sumas Mountain, a season full of adventures awaits in Abbotsford. Anglers, cyclists, paddlers and adrenaline enthusiasts all find something to love – come explore!
Ready to plan your spring staycation? Visit tourismabbotsford.ca