The City of Abbotsford has issued a second evacuation order – this time, for Sumas Prairie.
The order, issued Monday afternoon (Nov. 15), is for the area bordered by Sumas Mountain and Yale Road to the north, the U.S border to the south, the Sumas River dike to the east, and Sumas Way to the west.
The first evacuation order was issued Monday morning for units eight to 12 at 35259 Straiton Rd.
Meanwhile, evacuation alerts continue to be in place for the following areas:
• Sumas Prairie: the area bordered by the Southern Rail Line to the west, Whatcom Road to the east, Highway 1 to the north, United States border to the south
• Clayburn area: Clayburn Village and surrounding area
• Eagle Mountain areas: Cranberry Court, Briarwood Place, Doneagle Place
• Ten Oaks: Mount Blanchard Court, Mount Blanchard Drive and Old Clayburn Road
• Sumas Prairie: west side of Whatcom Road, east of Huntingdon Village, south side of Vye Road
• Straiton areas: Dawson Road east of Sumas Mountain Road
• Matsqui Village: Grace Road north to the Matsqui Slough
The city has designated Abbotsford Recreation Centre (2499 McMillan Rd.) as a reception centre for anyone displaced from their home.
More information can be found on the city website at abbotsford.ca or social media channels.
Earlier in the day, the City of Abbotsford declared a state of local emergency, in effect until Nov. 23, unless cancelled before then.
An Evacuation Order has been issued for Sumas Prairie for the following areas:
Sumas Mountain and Yale Road to the North, the United States Border to the South, the Sumas River Dyck to the East, Sumas Way to the West.
View full details at https://t.co/x5i0M9kvJy. pic.twitter.com/VPvQvlfclW
— City of Abbotsford (@City_Abbotsford) November 15, 2021
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter