Two dogs perished in a house fire Monday afternoon in Abbotsford.
Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service was called at about 4:30 p.m. to the residence at 32147 Peardonville Rd. just west of Parkview Street.
When crews arrived, the house was engulfed in flames coming from the top-floor living room.
All occupants of the home were safely evacuated, but one person was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Crews were unable to resuscitate two pit bull puppies that were immediately pulled from the residence. Another six dogs were safely rescued.
BC Ambulance, Abbotsford Police, Emergency Social Services and the SPCA were also on the scene.
No further information was available at this time, including the cause of the fire.