A two-year-old child fell from a second-storey living room window in a home on Saanich Street in Abbotsford on Tuesday evening.
Emergency crews including Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service and ambulance responded to the call at about 9:30 p.m.
The youngster had managed to push out a screen covering the window, and fell through the opening onto the lawn below.
The child was taken to hospital for observation of non-serious injuries and has been released from hospital. The parents were home at the time, and accompanied their child to the hospital in an ambulance.
Police are reminding parents not to leave their windows wide open, which should be ajar only six to eight centimetres, they recommend.
Incidents of this type are common during periods of extremely warm weather, as the Lower Mainland has experienced recently.