Abbotsford fire crews were called to a fire in an Abbotsford apartment complex early this morning (Sunday).
The call came in at 3 a.m. to the building on Hillcrest Avenue, after a resident on the fourth floor smelled smoke, looked outside and saw a fire on a third-floor balcony.
When crews arrived, they found something burning on the balcony, and they quickly extinguished the fire.
They then discovered that the object that had been burning was a running shoe, although there is no indication of how the fire started.
Damage to the building was minimal, and residents were allowed back into their suites.