The snowfall is causing chaos around Abbotsford.
Here are the latest emergency scanner reports we hear about accidents for you to avoid around the city:
- Around 11:30 a.m. a grey sedan heading west drove into a ditch off Highway 1 near the Bradner Road rest-stop.
- A car and crane-truck collided just north of Spallin Avenue on Mt. Lehman Road around 10:05 a.m. Two people are reportedly trapped. Ambulance and police assistance were requested over the scanners.
- A vehicle drove into a BC Hydro pole just before 10 a.m. on Downes Road. The vehicle fled the scene and crews reported smoke coming from the pole.
- One vehicle drove into a ditch around 9:50 a.m. on 58th Street, just west of Ross Road.
- A pickup truck roll-over crash occurred around 9:40 a.m. on Mt. Lehman Road just south of the intersection with Simpson Road.
- Around 9:38 a.m. a vehicle ended up on the centre median after spinning out on Highway 1 just west of Clearbrook Road.
- The roof of an Abbotsford home collapsed due to flooding just before 9:20 a.m. The house is located on Orchard Place.
- A two-vehicle accident occurred at 9:10 a.m. at the intersection of Gladwin Road and Gatefield Avenue. There are no injuries.
- A crash on 58th Avenue around 8:10 a.m., just east of Bradner Road. Road is down to a single lane alternating traffic.
- A tree caught fire just after 7:30 a.m. after snow caused it’s branches to droop on to BC Hydro powerlines on Bradner Road. The tree was “slightly smoldering,” and emergency crews were waiting on Hydro crews to arrive on scene.
- Two vehicles went into a ditch just after 6:45 a.m. on Downes Road, just east of Mt. Lehman Road.