They say the joy of a Christmas gift goes two ways — giving and receiving both bring us happiness. But don’t forget the third way Christmas presents spread cheer, especially in 2020: the happiness of helping a local business stay open, and supporting their bottom line through an incredibly challenging year.
“While some of the names in our shopping centre are nationally recognized brands, many are independently owned and operated by local franchisees,” says Kristal Hambly, General Manager of Sevenoaks Shopping Centre. “The money you spend at these local stores goes right back into the community: to the local employees, and all the stores and services they visit in the community.”
Feel as happy as Kris Kringle as you cross items off your Christmas list, knowing your yuletide kindness will send ripples of hope through Abbotsford.
Local jobs, local charities
Sevenoaks Shopping Centre can employ upwards of 1000 employees depending on the season, and Christmas is typically their busiest time of year. But when you shop at Sevenoaks, you’re helping more than just the local franchisees and staff. The shopping centre is a community hub for fundraisers, events and entertainment.
“While COVID has put a damper on most of our activities with local community groups this year, in 2019 we were able to help raise over $100,000 for local non-profits,” Hambly says.
Sevenoaks supports these groups by hosting them in the shopping centre free-of-charge, and also through monetary donations and sponsorships.
“Our major partnerships currently include Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Salvation Army, Abbotsford Police Foundation, Abbotsford School District (School Lunch program), Archway Community Services, Fraser Valley Healthcare Foundation and the Crystal Gala Foundation.”
All your Christmas gifts, under one roof!
Find something special for every special-someone on your list at Sevenoaks Shopping Centre! With over 100 stores and services, you’re bound to find gifts for all your loved-ones, young and old.
- For the techie: Grab the year’s best videogame, stuff stockings with new headphones, or upgrade your family’s cell phones or plans!
- For the fashionista: Find fresh clothes — from hats and sneakers to dresses and sweaters — in a wide variety of Sevenoaks shops.
- For the caffeine addict: Grab a gift card from their favourite café! Not into coffee? Try the chocolate shop, bubble tea, or one of the other quick-service restaurants.
- For health and beauty royalty: Pick up skincare products and makeup, or gift certificates for the spa and nail salon. Don’t forget about your eyes, ears and teeth — even services can be great spots to buy gifts!
- For the love of your life: If 2020 has given you the courage to pop the question, Sevenoaks can even help you put a ring on it! Want some flowers to go with the diamond? They’ve got bouquets too.