Skiers and boarders are cheering for the early snowfall with hopes of another stellar season, but before they hit the slopes, they’ll head to the Abbotsford Winter Extreme Ski & Board Swap.
Around 3,000 people will attend the AG-Rec Centre on Saturday, Nov. 18 and Sunday, Nov. 19, says event manager Denis Dion.
“The best selection is always at the beginning, so if you’re a bargain hunter, you should be lined up for when they open the door,” he says.
- Extreme Selection: Choose from more than $1-million in gear and outerwear. Last year’s new outerwear is priced anywhere from 90 to 95 per cent off. Other highlights include Bracelayer compression apparel and an apres-ski area featuring hot tubs and furniture. “This year we’re excited because Mt. Washington is bringing their gently used cross-country equipment and cross country-specific clothing,” Dion says.
- Extreme Deals: Save up to 80 per cent off retail, and find the season’s hottest deals on winter fashion! Unsure of the best gear for you? Local experts and volunteers will answer questions. “You want people to be successful, and that begins with helping them purchase the right gear,” Dion says.
- Extreme Opportunities: Curious about consigning? “We also help people and families upgrade their gear,” Dion says, noting children’s gear is particularly sought-after.
Skis, snowboards and other equipment in good condition – typically no more than several years old – will be inspected and a selling price will be recommended. It’s best to call ahead (604-878-7547) before Nov. 18 and let them know what you have to consign.
* No used clothing or helmets are accepted.
- Extreme benefits: All funds from the swap support the not-for-profit, volunteer-based Greater Vancouver Zone of Canadian Ski Patrol. They provide safety and first aid for Mount Seymour, Cypress, Manning Park and Sasquatch Resort (formerly Hemlock Resort), plus off-mountain events. Proceeds have supported radio upgrades, equipment purchase, training and more. Interested in volunteering? Visit the website or email email@example.com
- Extreme hunger cures: Luckily, hunger won’t be a problem with the Extreme Food Truck Cookout on-site!
Need to Know:
- Winter Extreme Ski & Board Swap admission is $2 for adults, $1 for children age 5-12, and $5 for an entire family.
- Doors are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 18 and from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 19.
- Located in the AG-Rec Centre at the Abbotsford Exhibition Park, 32470 Haida Dr.