The United Way of the Fraser Valley announced the recipients of its annual Spirit Awards during a reception on March 30 at Garden Park Tower in Abbotsford.
The awards recognized outstanding partners in the United Way’s workplace fundraising campaign, which collected almost $777,000 in 2010. This surpassed the campaign goal of $750,000.
The Spirit Award Recipients were:
– First Time Campaign – BMO Bank of Montreal;
– Labour Participation – Fraser Valley Labour Council;
– Quantum Leap Award – Prospera Credit Union (more than 100 employees) and Meyers Norris Penny (fewer than 100 employees);
– Leadership Campaign – ICBC (more than 100 employees) and Manning Elliott Chartered Accountants (under 100 employees);
– Campaign of the Year – RBC Royal Bank; and
– Employee Campaign Chair of the Year – Shirley Fast of KPMG.