The City of Abbotsford has released a list of 11 spots where spring bulbs have sprouted and flowers are blooming.
The list with full Google Map links can be found online by searching “11 Abbotsford Spring Bloom Spots” at letstalkabbotsford.ca/abbycares
The locations listed are:
• the flower bed in front of Matsqui Centennial Auditorium that commemorates the 25th anniversary of the amalgamation of Matsqui and Abbotsford
• the tulip blooms in the works yard at 31740 King Rd.
• the planted beds in the upper baseball diamond at Mill Lake at Emerson Street and Peardonville Road
• the tulips at Mill Lake, Bevan Road entrance
• the heritage garden and perennials at Trethewey House at 2313 Ware St.
• the tulip bulbs planted at Kariton Gallery (2387 Ware St.) to commemorate the 75th anniversary this year of the Canadian liberation of Holland
• the 25th anniversary flower bed at South Fraser Way and Essendene Avenue
• the Japanese maple with spring flowers at Montrose Park at 2539 Montvue Ave.
• the planters in downtown Abbotsford along Essendene Avenue, Montrose and West Railway from South Fraser Way to George Ferguson Way
• the spring blooms in Hazelwood Cemetery at 34070 Hazelwood Ave.
• the bulbs of spring at Musselwhite Cemetery at 35301 Old Yale Rd.