Calvin Presbyterian Church in Abbotsford recently held a dedication ceremony for its new 19,000-square-foot building.
The event took place on Feb. 14, recognizing the culmination of 20 years of work.
Bringing greetings were Mayor Henry Braun, MLA Simon Gibson and MP Ed Fast.
Rev. Karen Horst, the moderator of the 141st General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in Canada, came from Orillia to dedicate the building in conjunction with the Rev. Rebecca Simpson, the moderator of the Westminster Presbytery and minister at St. Paul’s Presbyterian in Mission.
The Rev. Dr. Richard Topping, principal of the Vancouver School of Theology, preached on “dragging our demons with us.”
Calvin Presbyterian Church has been part of Abbotsford since 1946, when it began as a Hungarian-speaking congregation. A building was constructed in 1949 on property purchased for $950 at 2597 Bourquin Crescent East.
The church is now located at 33911 Hazelwood Ave.