The topic of bad behaviour from dogs and their owners often arises on Abbotsford social media websites.
But some people might not be aware that there are a few rules to follow to make the experience pleasant for everyone.
There are currently four dog off-leash areas within Abbotsford: Gladwin Park, Bateman Park/Stoney Creek, McKay Creek Park/Sumas Dike and Clearbrook Park.
But do you know the proper etiquette for using these areas?
Among the reminders offered on the City of Abbotsford website are the following:
• Dogs must be licensed.
• Properly clean up and dispose of your dog’s feces.
• Handlers must have a leash with them for each dog.
• Dogs must be under the control of and within sight of their handlers at all times.
• Owners are personally liable for any damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
• Please ensure that all dogs are leashed before leaving the off-leash area.
• Dogs must be leashed in all parks, except within designated off-leash areas.