Katie Powell has a chance to win a job as Chief World Explorer.
Powell has made it to the top 50 in a competition – run by Jauntaroo tour company – to travel around the world for a year and be paid $100,000.
Powell was selected out of over 3,000 applicants from all over the world for a spot in the top 50.
Powell has made a video about her hometown of Abbotsford and hopes to get votes from her community in order to move into the top 5.
To watch her video visit: Katie’s pitch to be a Chief World Explorer.
Take a look at the job description for a ‘Chief World Explorer’.
- Partial to naps and/or massages on pristine beaches
- Eager to capture local cultures, foods and activities
- Enduring of long, grueling flights to exotic destinations
- Able to capture content and experiences that makes us smile
- Always ready for adventure and new experiences
- A naturally engaging, personable, outgoing and descriptive story teller
- Comfortable on camera; using digital camera equipment
- Respectful and humble both on and off on camera
- Generous of spirit in helping others
- Acts responsibly, professionally and ethically
- Exhibits patience when faced with challenges
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong communication and writing abilities
- Capturing digital photography and videos for webisodes
- Aptitude with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Extensive international travel for extended periods of time
- Fulfill administrative responsibilities from a home office when not traveling
- Schedule and coordinate with destinations on upcoming visits
- Perform local “VolunTourism” activities
- Represent Jauntaroo as our global ambassador
- Participate in Jauntaroo corporate and media events as required