Boys volleyball action in the BC Summer Games got underway Saturday morning at Columbia Bible College (CBC) in Abbotsford, with Cariboo North-East and Fraser River claiming the first wins of the day.
Cariboo defeated Vancouver Coastal in two sets – 25-20 and 25-22. Fraser River also won in two sets, both 25-18, against Thompson-Okanagan.
In its next match, Vancouver Coastal was again defeated in another close battle. This time, they faced Vancouver Island Central Coast, who clinched the victory with 25-23 and 25-21 sets.
On the next court, Fraser Valley took on the team from the Kootenays. FV trailed 10-0 at the start of the first set, but came back to win 25-17 and then handily took the second set 25-11.
Next up in boys volleyball at CBC today (Saturday):
– Thompson-Okanagan faces Cariboo North-East at 12:30 p.m.
– Fraser River plays the Kootenays at 12:30 p.m.
– Vancouver Coastal takes on the Kootenays at 1:40 p.m.
– First vs. fourth place teams and second vs. third are at 2:50 p.m.
– Fifth vs. sixth place at 4 p.m.
The gold medal game is scheduled for 9:45 a.m. Sunday.