Here are some of the stories that made The News this week.
- The Abbotsford school board released its Safety and Security report looking at the Nov. 1, 2016 stabbing at Abbotsford Senior Secondary.
- The Sears at Sevenoaks Mall is closing and 69 people are losing their jobs.
- Teenager Bradin Cummings is an up and coming fashion designer.
- Elizabeth’s Wildlife Centre is bursting at the seams with opossums, bunnies, birds and other creatures.
- Mill Lake is currently home to hundreds of geese, despite an egg-shaking population control measure.
- National Aboriginal Day was celebrated at Thunderbird Square on Wednesday.
- Abbotsford’s Chelsea Jenner is vying for a spot on the national softball team.