1. Liberal Hogg wins South Surrey-White Rock byelection over Conservative Findlay
The result marks the first time Liberals have won the local vote in a federal election since the 1940s. See more >
— Peace Arch News (@PeaceArchNews) December 12, 2017
2. New series takes in-depth look at sexual harassment in B.C.
A video preview of a new series by Black Press reporters. See more >
3. Emergency response ‘well executed’ in Delta carbon monoxide poisoning
More than a dozen ambulances raced to a Delta farm this weekend, as B.C. Emergency Health Services responded to one of their biggest calls of the year in the region.
BCEHS Director of Patient Care for Vancouver Samantha Wilbur explains the paramedic expertise and high degree of coordination with other agencies involved in dealing with the mass casualty chemical incident yesterday at a Delta farm. pic.twitter.com/KX5vgq1utu
— EmergHealthServices (@BC_EHS) December 11, 2017
4. Crown appeals stay against Jamie Bacon in Surrey Six killings
On Monday, the prosecution service said it has reviewed the abbreviated ruling, saying it reveals “errors of law” and that “the public interest requires an appeal.” See more >
5. Site C dam goes ahead, cost estimate now up to $10.7 billion
After hearing from experts for weeks, the government faced an estimate that B.C. Hydro rates are already expected to rise 30 per cent over the next 10 years without the costs of Site C. See more >
— Tom Fletcher (@tomfletcherbc) December 11, 2017