Let us set aside the fact that Abbotsford’s anti-harm reduction bylaw:
– is killing people who do not need to die.
– is promoting the spread of disease throughout our entire community.
– is costing the taxpayers of Abbotsford and British Columbia hundreds of thousands, millions, of dollars.
– singles out a specific group of citizens to deny them health care.
– forced citizens of Abbotsford to sue in the courts of Canada the other citizens of Abbotsford to enforce the rights to which those being victimized by the City of Abbotsford bylaw are entitled to as Canadians.
– stands as proof that despite all its self-righteous, self-congratulatory bombast, Abbotsford is not a Christian community.
– is ethically reprehensible, spiritually corrupt and corrupting.
Setting all that aside, we are left with Abbotsford city council’s pièce de résistance – painting Abbotsford and its citizens as sanctimonious, depraved jackasses in the eyes of the rest of Canada.
Way to go, boys – and girl.
James W. Breckenridge