Can’t award self increases recommended by consultants

Congratulations to our mayor and council on their generous raises, supplemented by yearly hikes corresponding to the CPI, as explained by our city manager.

Now, can I ask the council to forward me 9,000 taxpayer dollars so that I can also pay Tim Dillon and Associates the said amount to have them recommend a similar kind of increase to my wage, based on “comparables.”

The only difference will be that I still won’t be able to award myself recommended wages by the consultants, and will have to take those recommendations to my employer, unlike the council.

Martin Jask