Dustin Godfrey/Abbotsford News

Dustin Godfrey/Abbotsford News

Your daily commute and weather forecast: Nov. 13, 2018

Chance of showers in Abbotsford today and congestion in Langley and at the Port Mann

Good morning! It was a freezing (literally) but mainly clear start to the day at -1 C as of 7 a.m. – with a wind chill at -2 C. The Environment Canada weather service tells us we’ve got 96 per cent humidity and3 km/h winds from the northeast.

We’ve got a 40 per cent chance of showers today, with a high of 10 C and a low of 6 C with 10 to 20 millimetres of rain forecast overnight.

Tomorrow looks like much the same — a 40 per cent chance of showers and a high of 12 C, dropping to a low of 8 C overnight with a 60 per cent chance of showers.

Click the image for a link to the Environment Canada forecast for Abbotsford.
Environment Canada
Click the image for a link to the Environment Canada forecast for Abbotsford.

Environment Canada

And that small bit of precipitation is expected to stick around at least until Friday. We’re looking at periods of rain Thursday and a 60 per cent chance of showers Friday, before a sunny Saturday and a mix of sun and cloud on Sunday and finally a 60 per cent chance of showers Monday. Highs this week between 8 and 12 C and lows forecast to drop from 9 C on Thursday to 1 or 2 C on Friday to Sunday.

Currently, visibility is 48 kilometres.

Click the image for a link to the map on Google.
Google Maps
Click the image for a link to the map on Google.

Google Maps

On clear roads and driving at the speed limit, a drive from the Abbotsford News building to Downtown Vancouver would take 50 minutes.

Today, your daily commute time as of 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018 is one hour 22 minutes, with plenty of traffic stalls along Highway 1 in Langley and through from the Port Mann Bridge to 1st Ave. in Vancouver.

Report an error or send us your tips, photos and video.

Like the Abbotsford News on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter.