Firefighters provide oxygen for dog at house fire on Laburnum Tuesday evening.

Firefighters provide oxygen for dog at house fire on Laburnum Tuesday evening.

(With video) Dog rescued and revived by firefighters during house fire in Abbotsford

Firefighters provide oxygen for dog rescued from house fire at the intersection of Laburnum Avenue and Old Clayburn Tuesday evening.

  • Jul. 12, 2016 2:00 p.m.

Bella, a family dog, was rescued from her burning home and is now “doing pretty well” after firefighters rescued and revived her on Tuesday evening.

The fire occurred in a residential home on Laburnum Road just after 9 p.m. on Tuesday evening.

“Crews were called out to a structure fire. On arrival, they noticed heavy smoke and fire coming from the roof area,” said deputy fire chief Jeff Adams.

“They made an aggressive attack on the interior and were able to get it knocked down quite quickly.”

Video by: Kevin MacDonald

There were no people in the home when crews arrived but the dog had to be carried out, he said.

“They were able to find the house pet. The dog was brought out. The dog was unconscious when they brought [her] out. They were able to get [her] oxygen and revived [her],” said Adams.

The firefighters used a special cone-shaped mask to give Bella oxygen. The mask is one of four donated to the fire department after a fundraising campaign by Mountainview Veterinary Hospital last year. Mountainview is currently holding a fundraising campaign to purchase more of the masks.