A traffic signal is coming for the intersection of Downes and Mt. Lehman roads.
The new signal was included in this year’s budget, at a cost of $190,000. The project was given the final go-ahead last week alongside the city’s new pedestrian crosswalk program.
Crosswalks will be installed at 10 different locations around town:
• McCallum Road at Switzer Avenue
• Ware Street at Farrant Crescent
• Trethewey Street at Slocan Drive
• Bevan Avenue at Primrose Street
• Clearbrook Road at Newcastle Court
• South Fraser Way at James Street
• South Fraser Way at Pauline Street
• Clearbrook Road at Clearbrook Elementary
• Old Clayburn Road at Skeena Avenue
• King Road at Highview Street