Three suspects fingered in Aldergrove home invasion

Two 17-year-old Langley teens and a 22-year-old Abbotsford man are suspected in a violent July 29 home invasion.

Two 17-year-old Langley boys and a 22-year-old Abbotsford man will answer to numerous charges involving a violent home invasion in Aldergrove, which saw them take a baseball bat to a young mom’s head, while punching her mother in front of a five-year-old boy.

Police are saying the July 29 robbery in the 2800 block of 273 Street was targeted and related to a prior drug dealing relationship.

On that day around 8:40 p.m., police were called to the Aldergrove townhome when several neighbours observed three males wearing hoodies and masks kick in the door of a nearby unit.

Once the suspects entered the townhome, a female was heard yelling for someone to call the police.

The 26-year-old female victim was home with her mother and five-year-old son at the time of the invasion and recognized her attackers, said Langley RCMP Cpl. Holly Marks.

Witnesses said two of the suspects had baseball bats while the third carried a handgun.

One of the suspects struck the 26-year-old in the head with a baseball bat. The victim’s mother, 51, was punched in the face and threatened with a handgun. The five-year-old was uninjured, said Marks.

The three assailants fled in an older grey vehicle.

Police arrived in less than five minutes to find the victim bleeding from a cut above her eye. She and her mother were taken to the hospital for treatment.

A 17-year-old Langley youth and the 22-year-old were arrested. A warrant for the arrest of the third suspect, also 17, has been issued. The first youth has been charged with break and enter and assault causing bodily harm. He has been released from custody and will next appear in Surrey Provincial Court on Aug. 28. He can’t be named because he is a youth.

A warrant has been issued for the second youth who is charged with break and enter, assault causing bodily harm, assault with a weapon, disguising his face with intent to commit an offence, possession of a weapon and uttering threats.

Police have recommended charges against the Abbotsford man, but Crown hasn’t approved those yet.