The province has released the salaries and compensation for the top public sector executives in B.C., and it shows Fraser Health CEO Dr. Nigel Murray received the highest remuneration of any B.C. health authority head.
Murray’s base salary was $349,000 and his total compensation $444,000. Vancouver Island Health Authority CEO Howard Waldner was close behind at $442,000, while the lowest-paid health authority CEO was Northern’s Catherine Ulrich at $362,000.
Other executive compensation at Fraser Health included: Brian Woods, VP corporate services integration and CFO, $355,000; Dr. Andrew Webb, VP medicine, $328,000; Barbara Korabek, VP clinical operations, $292,000; and Arden Krystal, also VP clinical operations, $292,000.
The salaries for executives at the University of the Fraser Valley were also released. President Mark Evered was the highest paid with a base salary of $185,000 and total compensation of $253,000. By comparison, UBC president Stephen Toope earned $581,000 in total compensation. Other executive compensation at UFV:
– Eric Davis, VP academic, $235,000
– Tim Segger, VP administration, $218,000
– Robert Buchan, VP external $212,000
– Jackie Hogan, CFO, $170,000
– Karen Evans, VP student, $166,000
This is the fourth year that the provincial government has publicly reported the compensation of public sector executives.
The 10 highest-paid executives in the province for 2010-2011 were:
1. T.M. Bechard, managing director of Powerex-BC Hydro, $1.011 million
2. Allan Seckel, deputy minister to the premier, $924,000 (severance $550,000)
3. Martyn Brown, deputy minister of jobs tourism and innovation, $653,000 (severance $416,000)
4. Stephen Toope, president UBC, $579,000
5. Warren Buckley, president and CEO B.C. Pavilion Corp, $564,000
6. Kevin Mahoney, president and CEO, BC Railway Company, $523,000 (severance $392,000)
7. Geri Prior, CFO ICBC, $523,000
8. T.M. Conway, president and CEO, Powerex-BC Hydro, $522,000
9. Jon Schubert, president and CEO, ICBC, $522,000
10. Brenda M. Leong, chair BC Securities Commission, $499,000.