The Abbotsford board of education has received a request that the old South Poplar schoolhouse be donated to the MSA Museum Society.
The society would like to relocate the old building to the Trethewey House site on Ware Street next to Mill Lake.
The schoolhouse is currently located adjacent to South Poplar Traditional School at the corner of Huntingdon and Gladwin roads.
The matter will be discussed at the board of education meeting on Dec. 11.
Delegations wanting to speak on the topic at the board meeting on Dec. 11 are asked to register with Denise Byle at [email protected] or by calling 604-852-2366 (local 1241).