Several New Year’s Eve celebrations are taking place in Abbotsford on Thursday, Dec. 31.
BC Transit will be offering extended free service on select routes in Abbotsford from 6 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. on New Year’s Eve. For details, visit bctransit.com/central-fraser-valley.
The following is a list of just some of the festivities:
– The family-friendly Fraser Valley First Night New Year’s Eve celebration is held at Tradex, starting at 5 p.m. The event includes fireworks, a balloon drop, West Coast Amusement carnival rides, face painting, a bouncy castle, live entertainment and more. Unlimited-access tickets are $12 in advance at Tradex, the Tourism Abbotsford Visitor Centre, and Abbotsford and Matsqui recreation centres. They are also available online at fvtradex.com. Tickets purchased on the day of the event are $15.
– A dinner and dance takes place at Jubilee Hall (7989 Bradner Rd.) with live music by the Ken McCoy Band. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $40 and include a buffet dinner, party favours and champagne at midnight. They are available at Wilway Lumber (28728 Fraser Hwy.) or online at brownpapertickets.com/event/2473539.
– A dance with music by Phat Boyz DJ Services is held at Bradner Hall (5305 Bradner Rd.). Doors open at 6:30 p.m., with a buffet dinner served at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $35 and are available at Wilway Lumber or brownpapertickets.com/event/2477982, and include party favours and champagne. Call 604-856-8441 for more details.
– The Abbotsford Social Activity Association hosts a dinner and dance at its hall at 33889 Essendene Ave., starting at 7:30 p.m. Live music will be by the band Sweetwater. Tickets are $35 and are available by calling Calvin at 604-746-7321.
– Yuk Yuk’s comedy club on Pauline Street hosts a comedy show, four-course dinner, champagne at midnight and party favours. Featured comic is Jeff McEnery, with opener Jy Harris and MC Jane Stanton. Tickets are $80. Doors open at 7 p.m., and the show starts at 10. Tickets are online at yukyuks.com/abbotsford
– Castle Fun Park at 36165 North Parallel Rd. offers a free evening of family fun. While you await the balloon drop at midnight, watch a movie on the 120-inch screen with surround sound and munch on popcorn. The event also includes face painting, door prizes, and hot chocolate and cookies. Regular prices apply for the arcade games and other features. For more information, email email@example.com.
– Finnegan’s Pub and Grill (33780 King Rd.) rings in the new year with the Peter James Band. There will be a $10 cover charge after 8 p.m., and it includes champagne. Reservations are recommended by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 604-859-2220. Otherwise, admittance is on a first-come, first-served basis.