The National Energy Board is hosting online forums in the coming week to clarify Kinder Morgan’s application process to expand the Trans Mountain pipeline, which passes through Abbotsford’s backyard.
Kinder Morgan is expected to submit a formal application to the NEB within a few weeks to install a second oil pipeline adjacent to the one already running from Edmonton to Burnaby. This would triple its carrying capacity to 890,000 barrels per day.
Registration for the NEB sessions is online.
The sessions are:
– Thursday, November 14 – 7:00 PM (8:00 PM MST)
– Friday, November 15 – 2:00 PM (3:00 PM MST)
– Wednesday, November 20 – 2:00 PM (3:00 PM MST)
– Thursday, November 21 – 7:00 PM (8:00 PM MST)
– Wednesday, November 27 – 7:00 PM (8:00 PM MST)
– Thursday, November 28 – 2:00 PM (3:00 PM MST)
In other news, Kinder Morgan president Ian Anderson is speaking at the Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce on Friday morning. He will describe the various stages and types of jobs, procurement possibilities, and local workforce spending involved in building a pipeline. The presentation will include a progress report on the proposed project and how businesses in the Abbotsford area can prepare to participate in the project.
Full details and tickets are available online.