Man, two children sent to hospital after Vancouver carbon monoxide leak

Man, two children sent to hospital after Vancouver carbon monoxide leak

Nine people were evacuated from the home in south Vancouver

Two children and a man were taken to hospital late Tuesday night after a carbon monoxide leak in a Vancouver home.

Fire Chief Darell Reid tweeted Wednesday morning that nine people were evacuated from a residence on Tyne Street just after 11 p.m. after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected.

READ MORE: 43 people in Montreal hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak

According to BC Emergency Health Services, a carbon monoxide detector went off inside the building.

Reid is reminding homeowners and renters to check smoke and CO alarms to ensure they are working properly.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.