How to report those not practising social distancing in Abbotsford

How to report those not practising social distancing in Abbotsford

Health protection officers will screen calls, refer some to bylaw officers

UPDATE: This was updated on April 14 to reflect new guidance from the City of Abbotsford.

Who do you call if you see someone breaching social distancing orders? Well, it depends.

If the matter is regarding businesses or food premises, you should contact a health protection officers with Fraser Health by calling 604-587-3936 or emailing

Those officers will then determine if the situation needs to be pursued. If so, Mayor Henry Braun said they can refer some cases to bylaw officers.

For issues related to group gatherings in public spaces and city parks, residents are asked to call the City of Abbotsford at 604-864-5512. For after-hours concerns, residents can call Abbotsford Police at 604-859-5225.

People can call 1-888-COVID19 for general information about social distancing and self-isolation,

The city says that bylaw officers will also be patrolling city facilities to remind those who are gathering in public places about social- distancing orders. It says it would also respond to calls about specific gatherings in parks.

More information is available on the city’s website. It states that: “Workers who have concerns regarding social distance at their workplace should address them directly with their employer and/or call WorkSafeBC at 1-888-621-7233.”

Do you have something to add to this story, or something else we should report on? Email:

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter