Abbotsford firefighters extinguished a suspicious fire Tuesday morning.

Abbotsford firefighters extinguished a suspicious fire Tuesday morning.

House fire quickly extinguished

Gasoline smell detected on porch outside home after early morning blaze.

  • Aug. 4, 2015 8:00 a.m.



Firefighters quickly snuffed out a suspicious blaze at an Abbotsford home early Tuesday morning.

Crews were called to a reported fire on Kildare Terrace, just south of King Road, around 3 a.m.

They arrived to find the back porch area of the house engulfed in flames, but were able to knock down the fire and control it.

A strong smell of gasoline was reported at the back of the house, and police and Abbotsford Fire Rescue Services are conducting a joint investigation.