Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service responded to a report of a small grass fire on Jasper Court late Sunday afternoon, and quickly extinguished it.
Grass fires are an increasing concern in the current hot, dry weather conditions, according to assistant chief Jeff Adams.
“We’ve had a lot of grass fires come in this time of year – bark mulch fires, people discarding cigarettes . . . even glass bottles that break and magnify and start small fires,” he said.
Adams said citizens need to be “a little more diligent” with things like discarding cigarettes properly to limit the grass-fire potential.