The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) has issued evacuation alerts to Areas C and G, which covers areas not protected by the dike system.
Area C includes Harrison Bay Resort and RV Park, Beach Camp Road and Tapadera Estates on Morris Valley Road (Units 17, 18, 59 through 71 and 159 through 163). Area G includes several areas on Nicomen Island in Deroche, including Hawkins Pickle Road, the 410000 block of Lougheed Highway, Taylor Road and Malcolm Road.
This is only an alert, but it is issued in the event that an evacuation order takes effect. When notified of an evacuation alert, you need to do the following to prepare for evacuation:
- Locate all family members
- Designate a meeting place outside of the evacuation area
- Gather essential items like medication, valuable papers and eyeglasses
- Prepare to move elderly community members, disabled persons and children
- Have a plan to move livestock to safety
- Have pet care supplies ready for transportation
In the event of an evacuation order, Emergency Support Services (ESS) sites may be activated for family reunification, referrals to essential services providers and group lodging. Stay tuned to credible news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of ESS sites.
For more information, please contact the ECO at 604-798-5369. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; voicemails are monitored in the event of emergencies.
Want to support local journalism during the pandemic? Make a donation here.