Four treated for effects of chlorine in Abbotsford

Emergency personnel respond after chlorine smell is reported at the Fraser Valley Inn.

  • Mar. 4, 2012 5:00 p.m.



Four people were treated in hospital this morning after Abbotsford Police, Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service and paramedics responded to reports of a chlorine smell at the Fraser Valley Inn.

The incident occurred at about 3 a.m. at the inn, located at 33790 Essendene Ave. When emergency personnel arrived on scene, they found four people suffering from symptoms that included irritated eyes and sore throats.

Two people were taken to hospital by ambulance and two others went to Mission Hospital on their own. The source of the leak is unknown at this time.