Fire damages downstairs rooms of Abbotsford home

Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service battled the blaze on Beaver Street

  • Aug. 11, 2012 9:00 a.m.

Smoking materials are believed to be the cause of a fire on Friday night at a single-family home on Beaver Street.

When fire crews arrived, heavy smoke was coming out the front door.

Assistant Chief Dave Rivett said it that a resident of the home was smoking in the basement, where her computer was located, and then went upstairs to watch TV. She then smelled smoke, and went back downstairs.

“Fortunately, she felt the door and it was hot. She didn’t go back into that area.”

Rivett said there was considerable heat and smoke damage to the home’s rec room and hobby room.


Pop-up banner image ×