Crews attended to a fire at a duplex on Vinewood Street, in central Abbotsford, on Friday evening.
When they arrived, the fire was seen through a window in one of the unit’s living rooms, according to assistant fire chief Jeff Snider.
Snider said the firefighters were able to put the fire out quite quickly.
“Really good, quick save by the guys, for sure,” he said. “If it had gone on longer, it certainly would have been a lot harder to deal with.”
Snider said the damage to the interior appeared to be extensive.