The Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service (AFRS) responded to two fires early this morning (Thursday).
The first, just after midnight, was a balcony fire at a condominium complex at Tims Street and George Ferguson Way.
A second-floor balcony was decorated for Halloween, and candles were used in the display.
Assistant Fire Chief Dave Rivett said one of the candles burned through a plastic pot, catching the deck on fire.
The neighbour directly above the suite threw water on the fire and minimized damage to the balcony. There was minor damage to the surface of the deck.
The second incident, at 1:05 a.m., was a house fire at 32130 Hillcrest Ave.
Rivett said crews quickly brought the fire under control at the vacant home. No one was injured.
He said the fire is suspicious in nature and is under investigation by AFRS investigators.
Five AFRS units and 20 firefighters, as well as Abbotsford Police, responded to the incident.