The City of Abbotsford is asking for feedback on its plans for improving the intersection of Maclure Road and Old Yale Road.
The planned improvements include:
• a multi-use pathway for pedestrian and cyclists providing connection to nearby parks, trails, and neighbourhoods;
• enhanced pedestrian facilities (including sidewalks, pathways, and a resting area);
• improved separation of pedestrian facilities from the roadway;
• the elimination of two uncontrolled pedestrian crossings;
• an improved eastbound bus stop on Old Yale Road with shelter and lighting;
• improved northbound left-turn movements for motorists on Old Yale Road with right-in / right-out only driveway access to Abbotsford Judo Club;
• greater community green space; and
• slower vehicle entry speeds on Old Yale Road.
For more information to to provide input, visit letstalkabbotsford.ca.