Abbotsford’s business community turned out in full force to honour their own on Thursday night at the 21st annual Business Excellence Awards at Tradex.
Approximately 500 guests attended the sold-out event that saw almost 90 nominees vie for awards in 12 categories.
The celebration was presented by the Abbotsford News and the Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce.
Chamber president Joshua Bach served as master of ceremonies for the event, which featured a “Night of the Stars” theme.
The award recipients were announced by chamber executive director Allan Asaph and Abbotsford News publisher Carly Ferguson.
The recipients of the 2016 Business Excellence Awards are:
* Home-Based Business Excellence – eVision Media;
* Retailer Excellence – Magnuson Ford;
* Manufacturing and Production Excellence – VSSL Outdoor Utility Tools;
* Agricultural and Agri-Business Excellence – Abbotsford Farm and Country Market;
* Consumer Services Excellence (one to five employees) – Integrity Driving School;
* Consumer Services Excellence (six-plus employees) – Nature’s Pickin’s Market;
* Business Services Excellence – CRG Consulting Resource Group International Inc.;
* Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Alexis Warmerdam;
* Non-Profit Organization of the Year – HOME Society;
* New Business of the Year – Duft & Co. Bakehouse;
* Established Business of the Year (one to 19 employees) – Mamba Martial Arts Academy; and
* Established Business of the Year (20-plus employees) – Columbia Kitchen Cabinets Ltd.
Visit the Abbotsford News Flickr account for more photos from the event.