A day after strong winds ripped through Abbotsford, multiple roads around the city remain closed – as are all of the city’s parks.
As of 9:50 a.m., the following roads were closed, according to the City of Abbotsford:
- Hawthorne Ave
- Dahl Road
- Donlyn Avenue
- Marion Road – Wells line to Campbell
- Campbell Road – Interprovincial to Dixon
- Arnold Road
- Wells line – McDermott to Marion
- Downes Road – Clearbrook to Gladwin Road
- Downes Road at Townline Road – single lane closure due to down wires
In addition, all of the city’s 192 parks and trails are closed to allow staff to survey the damage.
Residents are also reminded to call 9-1-1 if they come across any downed power lines. They should also stay 10 metres (or 33 feet) away from any such lines.
If you’re wondering what to do with all the debris in your yard, the city has also laid out your options at the following link:
• • • • •
For access to other important links, check out our Storm Centre page: