Abbotsford firefighters were able to quash a garage fire that had spread to a house Tuesday night.
Fire crews were called out to the fire on Foy Street at around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, and found flames shooting out the top of the garage upon arrival.
“We had fire in the house, some flame coming from the back roof,” said assistant chief Ron Hull. “With the heavy winds we’ve got in the area, I think the crews did a really good job; roof remained on the house. And then we’ve got some displaced occupants.”
Hull said it wasn’t clear at the time how long the occupants would be displaced from the home, as he had not seen the extent of the damage. But an emergency support team will be helping the residents, he added.
The cause of the fire has not been publicly stated.
Report an error or send us your tips, photos and video.
Like the Abbotsford News on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter.