Nine more employees of the City of Abbotsford passed the $75,000 salary level in 2010.
According to the year-end financial report examined by council yesterday afternoon, 178 municipal employees (excluding police) earned more than $75,000. In 2009, 169 reached that level.
Fifty-five employees broke the $100,000 mark in 2010, as compared to 53 in the previous year.
Final elected officials earnings for 2010 were also released.
Mayor George Peary received $87,416 plus $13,639 in expenses for a total of $101,056, compared to $96,077 in 2009.
City councillor earnings varied, depending on expenses and indemnity paid for attending water and sewer commission meetings or for acting as mayor.
Coun. Moe Gill topped the list with $41,983 ($35,618 in earnings plus $6,365 expenses). At the other end of the pay scale was Coun. Bill MacGregor who earned $32,414 ($31,719 plus $695 in expenses).
MacGregor earned less than the $34,700 base pay given councillors because he took a personal, unpaid leave in 2010.
In accordance with the Financial Information Act, the city must list all employees making more than $75,000. The act does not include police departments.
The following is a list of salaries and expenses for the top 10 paid city employees, excluding police:
1. Frank Pizzuto, city manager, $226,782 plus $8,546 expenses
2. Jim Gordon, general manager engineering and utilities, $174,660 ($9,150)
3. Jay Teichroeb, general manager economic development, $166,078 ($1,106)
4. Mark Taylor, general manager parks, recreation and culture, $160,141 ($3,031)
5. Grant Acheson, general manager infrastructure, $160,133 ($2,071)
6. Don Beer, fire chief, $151,927 ($7,309) expenses
7.Judy Lewis, director financial services, $149,432 ($3,673)
8. Dale Unrau, deputy fire chief – operations, $139,479 ($4,600)
9. Mike Pastro, airport manager, $138,486 ($301)
10. Mike Helmer, deputy fire chief – fire prevention, $131,055 ($4,580)