Spring is in the air, and ladies, it’s time to let loose!
The ultimate girls’ day out is the Fraser Valley Women’s Expo happening Feb. 28 to March 1 at Chilliwack Heritage Park. Shopping, spa treatments, entertainment and education in everything from wellness and cooking to finance and technology — the expo has something for everyone!
“There’s such a great atmosphere in the show. It’s the time of the year where people are just waiting to get out of the house and shake off the winter. The place is always buzzing,” says show producer Shannon Ross.
Ross loves doing the show because she’s passionate about connecting people and helping women have fun! Here are just a few of the great things you can catch at this year’s Fraser Valley Women’s Expo:
- Workshops: Julie’s Makes & Macrames hosts a workshop so you can have fun with your friends while learning a new skill! There are lots of hands-on opportunities to try something new.
- Panels: Ever wanted to start a blog or need help to turn your existing blog into a full-time business? Join Keisha of Loving Littles Blog to learn more about branding, social media, time management and female empowerment. Ask Keisha and the other panelists for advice during the Q&A! The expo has plenty of other panels on everything from low-waste living to the power of tea! See a full list of presenters at fraservalleywomensexpo.com/showcase-2020
- Shopping: You’ve heard of food trucks. Now at the Women’s Expo you can step inside a fashion truck! Browse hip clothes in a cozy boutique on wheels. The expo has more than 200 vendors with one-of-a-kind clothes, crafts, accessories, home decor and more.
- Pampering: If you shop ‘til you drop, you may want to recover with a little spa treatment! Just Peachy Sugaring Salon is back to teach you all about this gentle, natural form of hair removal, and will be giving away FREE sugaring all weekend! The expo has plenty of ways to treat yourself — free makeovers, wellness experts, skin and personal care product samples, and beauty advice.
- Fitness: Learn from the best and get your 2020 fitness goals on track. Connect with local clubs and women’s groups, watch demos of new forms of fitness, and talk to nutrition experts to learn how to get the most out of your meals!
- Free Samples: Wander the expo and you’ll end up with an armful of free samples. Find deals on classes, try new technology, get free tips on organizing your finances, and taste all sorts of delicious local food and drink!
Make your way to the Chilliwack Heritage Park Friday, Feb. 28 from 4 to 9 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 29 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday, March 1 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets are $8 at the door, with parking by donation.