The holidays are all about family, and here in Abbotsford, you have a whole new way to make your family’s season Merry & Bright.
Even better, it’s free!
It all starts with a visit to Abbotsford’s Sevenoaks Shopping Centre, where the centre has transformed the former Sears space into a magical Merry & Bright holiday experience.
“We opened last week and it was wonderful to see all the children having fun,” says Tricia Schmuland, Sevenoaks Shopping Centre Marketing Director. “It really gets you into the Christmas spirit.”
A free, festive experience for the whole family, Merry & Bright runs right through Dec. 24 – here’s a look at what you can do:
- Get Crafty – Write and decorate your letter to Santa, stop by the Craft Cabin where you can also pick up a holiday craft to take home, and don’t miss the Sugar Town Bakery where you can decorate a Christmas cookie (just $1).
- Enjoy a holiday hunt – Finish the Merry & Bright scavenger hunt and enter to win a $2,000 gift certificate – maybe for a family trip for 4 to Disneyland!
- Hear the Sounds of the Season – Enjoy live entertainment at the Sounds of the Season Stage!
- Visit the Trees of Hope – View all of the beautifully decorated Trees of Hope in the Sevenoaks common area, vote for your favourite and enter to win a $100 Sevenoaks gift card. It’s all in support of the Big Brothers, Big Sisters and the Fraser Valley Health Care Foundation. You can also donate to both organizations at Merry & Bright throughout the month (suggested $5 per person).
- Festive fun – Help Santa build a toy for his workshop and for toddlers, enjoy the Kiddy Corral.
“We’re really focused on families so it’s really the opportunity to do something different and give something back to the community.”
While festivities are free, families are asked to sign up on Eventbrite to ensure there are enough supplies for everyone. Visit Merry & Bright Wednesday to Friday from 4 to 8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday (and Christmas Eve) from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Don’t forget to say ‘Hi!’ to Santa – Santa photos are back in the Gap Court through Dec. 24. Visit Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (with an hour break at 1 and 5 p.m. through Dec. 14) and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (with an hour break at 2 p.m. Dec. 2 & 9). On Christmas Eve, Santa heads back to the North Pole at 5 p.m.
For a full line-up of holiday festivities, visit ShopSevenoaks.com!