Are you homeowners looking to downsize, or maybe considering an upgrade in your viewscape and living environment?
There’s various questions to ask yourselves: Do you buy a new build or a previously lived-in home? Will a townhome or a condo meet your space and comfort needs, or are you firm on the advantages a single family detached home offers?
If you like the idea of a home that provides room to spread out, but has the design benefits of a rancher and flexibility that allows you to age in place regardless of your mobility, the Timberlane neighbourhood on the south slope of Sumas Mountain in Abbotsford may have the answer for you.
Uniquely efficient design gives you options
“We call the Cypress a reverse rancher because it has the attributes of a rancher: compact, low maintenance, but is on two floors, with the master bedroom on the lower floor,” says Jon Kinneman, with Timberlane developer/builder Algra Bros.
Here’s some ways this home can work for you:
- Easy access on the main The ground level features the living and dining rooms, kitchen and large partially covered, south-facing outside deck, as well as the walk-in attached garage.
- Sleep cooler in summer, cozy in winter The lower level includes the large master bedroom/ensuite, second bedroom and spacious rec room, plus a full-length covered deck that lets you enjoy views of the Cascade Mountains and Sumas Valley in multiple seasons.
- Elevator-ready design With the home built with a space for an elevator, you can plan for the future when navigating stairs becomes difficult or not an option.
- Downsize at your own pace At nearly 2,600 square feet, it gives you plenty of space to help make downsizing easier
- Select your own interior/options As a purchaser, you can customize your home using the online My Timberlane program to pick colour schemes, interior options and more.
You’re close to shopping, highway travel
The location of Timberlane lends itself well to easy access to nearby shopping, schools and Highway 1 for those trips in to downtown Abbotsford or elsewhere in the Fraser Valley, Vancouver or points east.
“It’s a Triple A location and the home designs fit the bill for a lot of people,” says Algra Bros. partner Dave Algra. “Any of the other detached homes being built these days are a 10- to 15-minute drive from freeways and are typically on the outskirts of town.”