Where can you take a selfie with a bison, be entertained by tractor pulls, logger sports and top-notch musicians, and fill up on a wide variety of foods?
The Abbotsford Agrifair, Aug. 2 to 4 at Exhibition Park, promises all that and more at an affordable price for your whole family, says fair manager Melanie Kish.
“We’ve got a full schedule of events and activities, and the $18 full-weekend wristband – kids 10-under are still free – is a great value that lets you enjoy everything and not miss any of the action,” she says.
With so much to see and do, here’s a look at some of the can’t-miss fun:
- Trucks and tractors are back! Multi-engine tractors, plus modified two- and four-wheel drive trucks go head to head Friday through Sunday during the Truck and Tractor pulls.
- Get an ag-ucation: In between 4-H competitions, stop by talk to the animals, take a picture with a bison, learn where your milk comes from, visit the BC Egg display, meet buffalo/bison celebrities Nancy and Francine and tale a selfie at the new Goat Hill.
- Pirates of the Fraser: This new show features trickery, thievery and deception as the Royal Navy defends its fleet from pirates aboard a 40-foot ship. You may be recruited to help these two rivals fight their battle!
- Don’t get Gonged: Share your talent Friday night in a 1970s Gong Show-inspired event for a chance to win cash. Headliners Chilliwack perform Saturday with special guests, while Sunday it’s The Afters, with opening act Mark Schultz.
- Demo deluxe: Demolition Derby action includes a Pink Lady contest, plus you can enjoy a cold one from Trading Post Brewing in the new 19+ venue while you watch.
- Get Laughing with the Loggers: Watch exciting comedy logger sports shows Friday and Sunday, try axe throwing and view carving sensation Ryan “The Cookiebear” Cook in action. On Saturday, serious logger sport athletes engage in a thrilling competition.
- Yule love these kids! Trick riding, roping and more, performed by the Yule Kids, is a new can’t-miss show. Kids will be inspired and parents will come away saying, “don’t try this at home!”
- Military mayhem unleashed: If you like total destruction, you’ll love Crushin’-It, where a tank crushes a car. Buy raffle tickets for a chance to ride in the tank as it rolls over the vehicle!
- Bring your appetite! Old Abbey Ales hosts hungry and thirsty visitors in TJ’s Corral, and 17 food trucks offer everything from lighter fare to poutine, burgers and more.
- Find your favourites From Richard’s Racing Pigs and Ducks and the Antique Farm Machinery club with kids’ tractor mazes, to wrestling featuring Davey Boy Smith Jr., there’s lots of returning entertainment.