There are several Abbotsford organizations and service providers that will be providing Christmas-themed meals for those who need them throughout the holiday season.
A list has been compiled and shared out by Abbotsford ACCESS (Advancing Equitable Community Services and Supports), along with information on how to receive a Christmas Bureau basket.
The basket provides the ingredients for a traditional holiday meal for households with children in their care and seniors. Applications can be found at abbotsfordfoodbank/need-food/#christmas, and the deadline to apply is Nov. 24.
Dinners range from sit-down festivities to outdoor or mobile meals, and include:
• Dec. 1, 5 p.m., hosted by Mennonite Central Committee at 33933 Gladys Ave.
• Dec. 10, 3:30 p.m., hosted by Lifeline Outreach Society at 33933 Gladys Ave.
• Dec. 13, 6 p.m., Union Gospel Mission, Fraser Valley Mobile Mission at the corner of Laurel Street and Montrose Avenue.
• Dec. 15, 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Salvation Army Christmas Community Luncheon at 35190 DeLair Rd.
• Dec. 22, 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m., Salvation Army Candlelight Luncheon at 34081 Gladys Ave.
• Dec. 23, 5 p.m., hosted by The 5 and 2 Ministries at the corner of Laurel Street and Montrose Avenue.
• Dec. 23, 5:45 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., Lotus Humanitarian Society at The Hub on Countess Street.
• Dec. 25, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Ground Zero Ministries, multiple locations being delivered to.
Note: This may not be a complete list. If you are hosting a meal for the community, please send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.