The Yale Secondary Leadership program is wrapping up another successful year of giving back to the community.
The students in Grades 9 to 12 have been involved in several awareness campaigns and fundraisers, as well as providing service hours in the community.
The biggest fundraiser the students had was their Live to Give Lock-in, which raised just over $22,000 for Canuck Place in Abbotsford.
But the students did not stop there.
Among their many other fundraisers and service projects were:
– $1,060 raised for the BCSPCA
– $1,060 raised for BC Mental Health
– $1,150 raised for the Canadian Cancer Society
– collected more than 1,200 items for teens and donated them to Cyrus Centre
– manned the Salvation Army kettles at Christmas time
– spent time with senior residents at Menno Home
– volunteered at events such as Run for Water, the Canuck Place Christmas tree lighting and elementary school fun fairs