The Valley Concert Society begins its 32nd season on Friday, Oct. 24 with a concert featuring the Minguet Quartett and Andreas Klein.
The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. at Matsqui Centennial Auditorium, 32315 South Fraser Way.
The Minguet Quartett is a popular string quartet that mainly performs at major European concert venues and prestigious music festivals.
The ensemble performs classical, romantic and modern music, including premiering numerous 21st century compositions.
Klein (in photo at left) is a pianist whose career as a soloist has taken him to the world’s most prestigious venues and touring with groups such as the Salzburg Chamber Soloists and the Lucerne Festival Strings of Switzerland.
He is heard frequently on National Public Radio’s “Performance Today” and recently on American Public Radio’s St. Paul Sunday, a live video broadcast.
Other performances in the Valley Concert Society’s 2014-15 season are:
– Les Violins Du Roy, Canada’s premier string orchestra, on Nov. 12;
– QuintEssence, a quartet of singers with connections to the Vancouver International Song Institute, on Feb. 6;
– the Turning Point Ensemble, a chamber orchestra from Vancouver, on March 21;
– the Galena Trio, consisting of clarinet, cello and piano, on April 17; and
– the Vancouver Bach Choir on May 1.
All concerts are at 7:30 p.m. at Matsqui Centennial Auditorium and are open to season subscribers, with single concert tickets sold for $25 if available.
For more information or to subscribe, visit valleyconcertsociety.com or call 604-289-3377. Season brochures are available at local libraries and music stores, as well as at the Visitors Information Centre at 34561 DeLair Rd.