Several New Year’s Eve celebrations are taking place in Abbotsford on Saturday, Dec. 31.
Here is a list of those hosted by non-profit groups in the city:
* Live music with the Ken McCoy Band and a buffet dinner will be featured at Jubilee Hall (7999 Bradner Rd.). Champagne will be served at midnight. Doors open at 7 p.m. Everyone over the age of 19 is welcome, and overnight parking is allowed. Tickets are $35 and are available at Wilway Lumber Sales at 28728 Fraser Hwy. or online at brownpapertickets.com. Proceeds support the operation and maintenance of the hall, with a portion going to community projects and local charities. For more information, call 604-856-4375.
* Bradner Community Club (5305 Bradner Rd.) hosts a dinner and dance with music by DJ Phat Boyz. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and dinner is served at 7:30. Tickets are $30, including champagne at midnight. They are available at Bradner Store (5440 Bradner Rd.) or by calling 604-856-8441.
* The Abbotsford Seniors’ Association will hold a buffet dinner and dance from 8 to 12:30 p.m. at its hall, 33889 Essendene Ave. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased until Dec. 26 by calling Jodie at 604-850-2465.
* The Christian Singles Group will hold a celebration, including dinner, for singles of all ages at 31929 Mercantile Way. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. The suggested donation is $10, with proceeds going to the Fraser Valley Christian Centre, which provides outreach to the homeless in Abbotsford. Confirm attendance by calling Rodney at 604-824-8587, Kim at 604-504-0494 or email email@example.com.
* The Abbotsford branch of the Royal Canadian Legion (2315 West Railway St.) presents music with Lou and His Lady from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., and a light dinner from 9 to 10 p.m. Doors open at 7:30. Tickets are $10 and are available at the bar. Door prizes are included. Call 604-853-1711 for more details.