Abbotsford celebrates national Culture Days with several free events taking place in the community on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Sept. 29 to Oct. 1).
Some of the activities are listed here, but a complete list is available at abbotsford.ca:
n a ceremony for the raising of a cedar house post made by local Sumas First Nations artist Raphael Silver takes place Friday at 11 a.m. at Kariton Art Gallery (2387 Ware St.);
– Celebrating Mount Lehman Artists – Friday from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. at Mt. Lehman Library (5875 Mt. Lehman Rd.);
– Abbotsford Senior Secondary art exhibit – Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m.;
– Legacies on the Lake exhibit opening and reception – Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Trethewey House heritage site (2313 Ware St.);
– Arty Awards, hosted by the Abbotsford Arts Council to recognize and showcase artistic excellence – Saturday from 7 to 10 p.m. at The Reach Gallery Museum (33238 Veterans Way);
– a presentation on Caring For Your Family Heirlooms – Sunday from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at The Reach with curator Kris Foulds; and
– Sunday Family Arts: Culture Days Edition! – Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. at The Reach, featuring make-and-take crafts and an opportunity to contribute to the community fingerprint mural.